Tuesday 12 June 2007

Whilst consulting a wise man about what I should write in this blog he gave me some advice, "Just let it flow, like a peice of melted ice cream, down a canal". I think we can all appreciate advice like that in these cold, hard times.

Well, erm. Hello! My name is Phil, this is blog number 21 and already I am stuck. Im pretty sure I have run out of things to say now - I deffinatly havnt thought of anything new recently, so the best I can do is walk you through the maze of the the map that im giving you. Sorry - that part just drifted into a Jason Mraz lyric. You will have to forgive me. What I meant to say is that you and I both loved. There it goes again. All I can do is walk you through what I have done today, hopefully it wont be too boring...

I started out the day like normal going into Lincoln school. But I didnt quite make it - Oscar invited me to the Pastors breakfast that his church hosts every month. So I went to that and helped serve him and the other pastors from the area. I ate loads of fruit and yoghurt. Enough said. Half way through Ester came with Justice, so I played with him for a while. At about midday when I had eaten way too much fruit I caught the bus to the school. It was a bit of a gamble as there was two bus stops with the bus 632 going each way. I just got on the first one that came along and hoped that it was going my way... Thankfully it was and I was able to get to Lincoln real easy.

A really boring day carried on from there - just stuck in that stupid resource room. Im really starting to get bored of it now. Sure, I may be helping the guys in there - but im meant to be having an awesome time in Mexico, right? Or does that sound really selfish. I guess it does. Sorry. Maybe I will start coming out of that and start going to help other people around the school. The girls I was going to the Mall with also came up to me and said that they cant make it to the mall today - so it looks like we are going on Thursday. I guess thats not too bad - Its just that I was glad I had something to look forward to after the boring day in that little room.

We came home and Bibi cooked fish and chips!!! For that brief 10 minute I was back in England. Sure, my family dont speak Spanish over tea, nor is it ever this hot - but still it was a nice little home comfort! After a bit I started the swimming session - which I have just come in from to write this. It was the 100's again - they are back on the agenda! 100 lengths and 100 widths later and im back. Im alone in the house now - Oscar took Stevie and Yiyo to band practice and Bibi has gone to visit a friend. If you can make it over here in the next 10 mins im planning on hosting a house party - just while they are all out. It is going to be crazy, hope you can make it!

We were playing hang-man a bit in the resource room the other day and I had to keep correcting them on the letters I said because the Spanish alphabet is said differently to us. I thought that was a bit weird and I wondered if I could make up my own style of alphabet. I kept trying to think of new letters - but it is near enough impossible. All the sounds are taken up by the other selfish letters!

Today marks half the time I have in Mexico. 3 weeks gone and 3 weeks to go. It has gone so fast! And I really havnt done much with my time... That made me pretty depressed because I havn't been outside of Guadalajara yet! I am all this way away from home and I have only seen a small part of what Mexico has to offer. Oscar realised that I havnt seen much, and so he is planning stuff for me to do. Today Oscar started arranging a trip for me Paul and Chloe (another English girl working at the school) to go down to the beach for a couple of days! It sounds awesome. The people he knows that live down there surf, so im going to try my hand at it. Now, I know that I am going to be completely rubbish at it - but im going to be going surfing soon! I cant wait! I also spoke to Paul today about going to see Mexico City after the school breaks up - so at least now I have a couple of things in the pipeline. Im going to the cinema tomorrow with Paul and Chloe - so that should be good fun. Im sure I will tell you more about that tomorrow!

Lots of people are leaving Guadalajara about the same time I am. I am talking about people that have lived here for about 4 years! Nacho, Ester and Justice are leaving and going to live in the States. Eric and Bekah (the Praggers, if you are interested - Eric is the one I play basketball with) are also leaving to return to the states. Things are all changing here and it is going to get quite busy soon! Because of this it looks like I will be moving from the Suarez household and going to stay with one of the single guys in the church. It should be good to change where im living, but im really going to miss living with these guys. Mum, I will make sure I get a phone number so that you can call me! Im not really sure what his computer situation is either, but I will do my best to get a daily post up here - even if it is a real short one!

Well, thats all I have to say today. Im really sorry that this one is a boring one - but I guess it is a bit of a Mexican update for you!

Love always,

[clarke]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Phil! Mum speaking! Never quite sure if you get these comments but hope you do! Brilliant to hear all you've been doing and the plans you have to get to the coast and to Mexico City. Sounds great fun!

I've just been down to Gramps for 3 days. Had a really good time. He is a lot weaker than he was - gets very tired and doesn't manage to do as much as he did. But he's still the same old Gramps and I was so glad I had the chance to get down and spend some time with him. Helped him in the garden yesterday. You would have been proud - I trimmed all his hedge with these wicked hedge trimmer things! Bet my arms will ache tomorrow - it's a long hedge!!! He sends his love and was asking about your trip!
When I got home late last night I found a letter from HSBC saying your account had been credited with £100 which looked like it was a returned deposit. I panicked a bit and thought it might have been your Suntrek deposit being returned (don't know why, but still!). So there and then I phoned Suntrek in the States. Thankfully they were there and she checked your details. Phew! she said all was in order, you were all paid up!! I was very relieved. I guess I thought perhaps the balance hadn't gone through so they'd presumed you weren't going on the trip. Sorry I'm rambling. She did say that she will be emailing you with vouchers which you will need to print off for the holiday. So keep an eye out for emails and hopefully there will be no problem with you printing off. She did say if you have any problem like that to email them and they'll sort something out. So let me know when you've heard. If you don't in the next few weeks let us know and I can phone them again. Don't want you missing out on that holiday!!

I'm sure Oscar and Bibi have somewhere planned for you to stay once they come to England. But it's so good that you now know plenty of folk so that if needs be you can get something sorted. Nacho's baby sounds so cute - glad you've made friends with him!!!

Well, better get on with tea. I've so enjoyed catching up with your blogs since I got back from Cornwall. I had 4 to read at once! Sorry I've not tried phoning recently. You see, I need to be awake in the night to do that if I want to catch you around 10pm. Are you ever around at home about 4 or 5pm? If so I could try just before I go to bed around 10.30/11pm. Let me know!

Well, always thinking of you. So glad you're having fun. Hope you start seeing more of your Mexican surroundings and also keep enjoying all the familiar things too. Love as always to Oscar, Bibi and the boys. They'll be excited about coming to England soon, I'm sure.
Much love Mum xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

P.s. Any ideas what that £100 refund would be for? It came from a bank called Creschzfeft???? You paid the deposit on 26 March?