Monday 11 June 2007

Ramblification

Right as I was reading this through I was hit by a nice little power-cut! Good thing this blogspot saves itself as it goes along, otherwise you would have had to make do with no blog today. Here it is post power-cut,

Wow, blog number 20! Ladies, you should be very impressed and slightly attracted to me. Men, you should be shivering in your previously manly boots, thankful that I am a whole ocean away! Tomorrow marks half way through my time in Mexico, time has flown by so quick! The great thing is that this stage of the journey isnt even half way through my travels!

Im sitting here at 10.00 and I have no idea what to write. Usually I have some things knocking about in the old noggin, but today, nothing. I dont even have some scribbles to run off with in a linguistic manner on my little piece of paper - or the notebook for that matter. So, I shouldnt have you hopes up on an extraordinary piece of writing. Then again, I did give you quite a long one yesterday - so you can hardly complain. Well, to be honest you cant complain - im thousands of miles away - and comments, ha, well ... comments can be deleted. Result!

I went into Lincoln school today in the morning and worked all the way through till 2.00, at which time David picked me up and we went back into Guadalajara centre. I was real hungry so we grabbed a burger king (I paid for his lunch, he paid for mine last time - all is fair in the world of men.) and then we headed for the same greenhouse of a pool bar. This time one of David's friends came with him. We played so that if you win a match, you play the one that has just sat out. We played for 2 1/2 hours. I didnt leave the table once. Phil 'Undefeated' Clarke. I like it. I pulled out some nice little tricks as well! I was on fiiiiiiiiire. And I should let you know, I wasnt actually on fire - and it is no reflection on my sun burn. Im using 50+. Im a white boy.

Then we just came home again. It rained pretty hard today, so it was dangerous to swim. When it rains here in Mexico a storm is usually hand in hand, and people have been hit by lightening when swimming in there pools. I think my olympic training can wait until tomorrow, better that than dieing eh? Actually... its not. I was a sissy girl, I should have swam anyway!

Today, instead of thinking about what I think about, I thought about what other people were thinking about. What do the locals think when they see me walking down the road? Do the stereotype me to a tourist? Or are the interested that I have come here to visit Mexico - maybe they have seen me a couple of the times and I am no longer at all interesting to them. The bar maid at the pool bar was in a position so that she could watch us play - Did she think I was good at pool - or just thought I was showing off? Alot of people, when they first meet me, start talking in Spanish. Does this mean that they actually think I might be Mexican? Maybe I dont look like such a tourist after all. What about Justice, the lil baby, what does he think about all day? I think he recognises me now and sometimes smiles, I dont look that funny, do I? I wonder how his throwing arm is doing... I watched him sleeping the other day. What can he be dreaming about, if he does actually dream, as he hasnt really done anything all day.

Dreams are crazy things arnt they? I have been having some crazy ones since I have got here. In one I was chasing a bus, and then another bus was chasing me. In another I was speaking fluent Spanish to Oscar. I still havnt been able to test if I have some kind of choice in my dream - and like I said before I doubt I ever will. Who choses the dreams we have? Sometimes they have no correllation to what we have done in the day, past week or even ever. Yeah sure sometimes we dream or doing something that we have always wished to do - like flying - oh how I love the flying dreams, but they are very rare. Imagine if we could choose what we dream about! It would be like having two lives. One 'real life' where we just go about our day working and living, then the other were our wildest dreams could come true. "If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true" Well, I can but dream. Well, I cant - but if I could choose, I would choose to dream that I could choose dreams. Yeah? Good.

Tomorrow I have been invited to walk around a mall with those girls from the red carpet night. Should be fun because clothes are real cheap out here. Maybe, if you are lucky, I will bring you something home. No, not you. You, there in the back. Yeah the one pointing to yourself.

As you can see I have begun to ramble and so I will bring this bad boy to a close - just two more things to sort out!

1. Song of the day is going to be Trouble by Coldplay I havnt heard it in a while and I heard it twice today - In Burger King and then again in the pool bar. I really liked it - the piano is nice. STOP BEING A GIRL PHIL. Erm, the piano would be nice with footballs, beer and cars all over it. Yeah... HuHHH.

2. Someone is going to have to update me on some things,

-Hollyoaks: What is going on at the moment? Who is pregnant, Who has died and whats the name of the new family that have moved in and has instantly been hated by another family?

-Big Brother: I heard a new one has started. Is it as bad as the others, or worse?

-Shipwrecked: Has it finished yet? Who won? What happened?

Im sorry that there hasnt been a pic of the day again today - I know ALOT of you look forward to that... Again I didnt take any photos today, nothing worth photoing (Sea I knows Englash proper.)

Love always,

[clarke]

No comments: