Sunday 10 June 2007

I sold my soul to a mate.


Wow, I have felt so happy today! It has been a real eye opener, and it feels my heart has grown 2 times the size. Thats mostly due to playing with a baby all day, or it could be the steak I had at lunch - who knows! Pic of the day today is courtesy of the Red Carpet event on Friday (Or 'Alfombra Roja' in Spanish). I know it isnt pic of the day but I didnt take any pictures today, again, so I thought it would be a good idea to get that one up. Joining me in the picture are some lovely ladies from Lincoln School. They speak english and are able to hold a conversation with me that goes past, Hello, How are you, Good, Bye Bye - in spanish, obviously.

So after my excitment at taking loads of pictures at the Red Carpet, the battery died on my camera. I think it has something against me as it never gives me any kind of warning - it just schemes in its little metal jacket, flashing when it dosnt need to and pouring away its battery whenever im not looking. Its ok though, I left him on charge all day - I bet he regrets mucking with me now.

A quick Billy and Sandra update as well. Both are doing very well - the doctor expects a full recovery in the next few days. Which is a good thing, I need to be at the top of my game to impress people at basketball this thursday. I bet they just come back again - but this time I will be ready. 5 Pairs of socks sound enough to you? Better make it 7.

Today was like clockwork again like last Sunday. Well, slight changes. I spoke ot someone different at church today so that was wicked, and instead of going out with Oscar and family to eat lunch I went with Nacho, Ester and Guiome. I really hope that is how you spell it because he is an awesome guy. We went to a restaurant called 'Chilli's' and I had a good old steak. It was good! Then we walked around the mall for a bit and went back to Nacho's where I played with Justice, their baby, for ages. I also had a slice of cake that was left from last night. Its all good!

Today I put into action the notebook law. That being that should anyone have a idea they should immediatly write it in the book so that they should not forget it, and the wisdom of such a person be passed into the public knowldege. Shame I didnt use the notebook (sorry lady of the notebook) - I forgot it. Classic. Instead I used the programme to the Red Carpet event. It all works the same anyway. Without further to do here it comes,

First off comes a tanning update. I have begun, and im sure I will complete, the process of creating what I like to call a 'TST'. "A what?" You ask. Its quite simple. A 'T-Shirt Tan'. Let me explain. I havnt had much of an opportunity to take of my shirt - I dont think it is quite appropriate to take it off at the school - and the only other time is when I am swimming - in which case I am so scared of burning like France that I get out of the pool and get that shirt on as quick as possible, anyhoo, because I havnt taken it off only my arms, up to 15cm's below my shoulders, and my neck are slightly brown. So, when I take off my t-shirt im completely white - looking like im still wearing a white t-shirt. It looks good, honest - but its a sure fire way to spot a tourist. Dammit.

I realised today about bit of a problem. Oscar and family fly over to the UK on the 3rd of July. I leave on the 5th. See the problem? I think I might try and worm into staying with Paul - sounds good to me! A taxi from his house to the Airport costs about 160 peso's. Thats about 7 pounds. It takes about 30 mins, in the UK a drive that far would be at least 20. Maybe I will be able to just stay in there house... I have been a good boy.

No swimming today. Nor any over the weekend - looks like im going to be going crazy in the pool tomorrow to catch up on my tight olympic routine! Hopefully when I get back I will be 'buff'. No, actually - I dont think a buff geek would work. At least I will have a T-Shirt tan. Thats got to gain some points at comic conventions right?

I thought of two little one-liners today. I thought they were quite funny... but thats me. Lets see what you think.

1. Get your own back, make an onion cry.
2. Get your own back on a PE Teacher, poison a whistle.

Any chortles, gaufaws, giggles, outbursts or sniggers?

Justice is the coolest baby I have seen in a while! And I taught him how to throw a ball today. Im a good lad. I was thinking - random people would have played with me when I was a baby just like me playing with Justice. I have no connection to him, im just a friend of his parents, but in 10 years time I may come back to visit them and say 'I taught you how to throw' or something lame like that. It just put things into perspective, dont you think? People would be saying that kind of thing to me and I would be thinking, 'Yeah, ok, CrAaAzZyyyy'. As Justice grows up he will have no idea that on the 10th of June 2007 he made me happy.

Song of the day today has to be Brett Dennen's - Aint no reason its an amazing song, beautiful guitar and beautiful lrycis. "Every little heartbeat, every little breath". He isnt very well known and I got passed this song from my brother so do your bit and check him out! "Love will come set me free, I know it will"

"There ain’t no reason things are this way.
Its how they always been and they intend to stay.
I can't explain why we live this way, we do it everyday."


Ive been thinking about Soulmates quite alot - now you get the title of this wonderful little post, yes? I dont quite beleive that there is only 1 person for everyone. In my case im pretty sure every girl in the world would kill for the chance to marry me *cough* *cough*. But I definatly beleive that some people just work - there is a connection! The thing I was thinking about is what if I have missed that chance. Missed a smile that sparked an interest. What if someone waved at me a month ago that I missed so I didnt go talk to them. What if at a party sometime along the way I didnt bump into someone, shared a joke with or bought a drink for? Is that it? Have I missed my soulmate and they have been swept away in time passed? Im a strong beleiver in things happening for a reason - and I beleive that what needs to happen will happen... so if its 'meant to be' that chance will cycle back round. What if here in Mexico I sweep something away because of the short time I have, when instead I should be holding on to what is happening. What if I think that its time to move on when things have just begun? There is a lot of 'What if's' in that paragraph, but sometimes you have to look back to be ready for whats ahead, right? This is getting a bit crazy - but I hope someone out there gets me. I havnt said all thats on my heart, because I havnt the words to get it across. I hope tomorrow I open my eyes wider and see and talk to people I wouldnt have yesterday. "Life is short? No. Its the longest thing you will ever do". Moments slip away faster than you can imagine. Talk, laugh, love, shout, declare everything that you have on your heart and those moments will linger around longer than before and maybe, just maybe you will find that one person.

Love always, especially to her, wherever she is.

[clarke]

No comments: