Wednesday 13 June 2007

Plans never get you anywhere.... Apart from somwhere else.

I guess im a traveler now.

On account of I am no longer at home, having travelled somewhere else. I fill out all the criteria - I smell, Im not sure which of my clothes are clean and I have no idea what people are saying to me. Sounds about right.

I wasnt too happy today - I realised that the only people I am helping is Lincoln school. At the Oasis project I wasnt really helping - I was just 'being' there. Just playing with the kids and most probably just getting in peoples way. I asked if I could help with anything, and I got the "Not right now" reply. I just felt really helpless. Like I said the only people I feel like I am helping is at Lincoln school, and I dont really like working there. Well, I do like working there - just not in the resource room...

So you basically know what I did today - Work in Lincoln school and then get the bus to the Oasis project. I think I did my fair share of buses today. A grand total of 3. Coming to another grand total of 13 pesos 50 cents. Not even 1 british pound. Not bad. I was paying 5 pounds a day just to get to Redhill every day. England is expensive! (The reason I keep writing 'pounds' is because there is no symbol on the keyboard. Racism.) Its still a bit risky me getting the bus here - I dont really know which direction im meant to be going, and so when there are two buses, each going in a different direction, to choose from, its a 50/50 gamble each time I take a bus. I guess it makes it a bit more exciting. If I loose, im lost in Mexico not able to speak any Spanish. If I win, I go where im meant to go and continue my day. They look like good odds to me. GAME ON!

Im trying to trick myself into speaking Spanish. I have turned the language on my iPod into Spanish, with this blogger website it is all in Spanish. So now I know that "Accedar" means something along the lines of 'Sign In' and from my iPod "Reposo" means sleep. The only problem came when I didnt know the Spanish for 'Language' so I wasnt able to turn my iPod back into English until I asked one of the Spanish guys. Oh the games I play!

I have just been to see Pirates of the Carrabian (spelling?) 3. I didnt really like it. With a film like that you have to expect some layer of cheese to be stacked ontop. However in this case the cheese toastie was overloaded. Sure, it made me laugh a couple of times - but I didnt really enjoy it. Oh well, it was 2 for 1 night at the cinemas. Now, on that subject Orange Wednesday can shut up! In Mexico on a Wednesday night every cinema across the country does a 2 for 1 deal. Oh how naive our little country is. But I still love, and miss, it dearly. No amount of fish and chips, and it was a fake fish and chips at that, can bring me home before that flight back from New York does so.

Plans are being arranged, and getting close to finalised, for me to go to the beach on Monday! Therefore I have booked an appointment on my return, Thursday, at a local skin doctor. The only description I gave the receptionist was 'Red raw. Imagine a lobster'. Hopefully I will be able to cancel, but I wouldnt be too hopeful. My dream, come monday, is for me to be running down a nice sandy beach (Can I add at this point that the place I will be staying is on the beach. Out the front door, across the road and you are there - destination reached.) a surfboard under my arm and enough enthusiasm to kill a sheep. I expect 30 seconds later I will be running back up the beach with one of three problems, 1. Need the toilet 2. Dived to early into the sea and now have a face full of pebbles or 3. Stood on a jellyfish, sea urchin, shark or other dangerous beach dwelling item. I have extremely low expectations of my ability to surf. But still, just saying im going surfing gives me a whole new 'dude' edge right? To counter act that I will do something unbelivable geeky, dont you worry.

Talking about plans, another weak link but look at the first line of that past paragraph, see it? The word plan is word numero uno. Link established! So, plans ... right. It looks like im going to be moving from the Suarez household tomorrow! Bit of a shock I know, you and me both! But just breath, take it easy. The thoughts running through you mind, I imagine, are something like this,

"But Phil isnt sure if there is a computer at the new house. I cant live on my life without the daily blog"

"There isnt a swimming pool at the new place - without his continued training we can cross off that definate gold medal at Londons 2012 olympics."

"What if the new guy is allergic to Corn Pops. That spells trouble for Phil"

Trust me, I have thought about all 3 and results are being formulated in the old loaf of bread. Im sure the answers will become apparant soon and things will smooth out. If not there may be blood on my hands. I said may there is a very strong chance there wont be. You cant catch me out on that.

Im going to the Mall tomorrow with the ladies that stood me up on Tuesday. Lets hope that this time they dig deep and, even if they dont think they are strong enough to take such an amazing Brit to the mall, they will guide me through the mall with power and haste. If not, I will go to my new room, sit on the bed and compose a really sad song. Ha, I dont even have a guitar, so I was lying. Sorry. Im still excited about getting that new guitar! But its a long way off. And I realised Im not going to have much of a chance to play it - the day after I get back I am going camping. Not the best atmosphere for a new guitar, so I will let it get used to my room.

I thought travelling was meant to get me stronger... Now I am afraid to switch on any light in the house. I have been shocked more times in these 3 weeks than I have in my whole life. I have to either use a stick to turn on a light, or go for the speed switch on, you know, the lunge into the switch and get your finger away as soon as possible move. I think its turning me crazy. I want the voices in my head to stop.

I noticed that someone commented on the last blog. Thank you. I tried earlier, but the computer still just freezes up when I attempt to look at them. Denying any kind of connection I could have with the beautiful UK world. Computers are mean, selfish things. Never trust one. But thank you to whomever left it, im hoping that it is along the lines of "Phil you are Amazing" but I wouldnt really know. If it is a bad comment, then you should be ashamed of yourself.

Again I dont have a pic of the day. I have not been using the camera as much as I thought I would, I think I have told you that already - I told you I was going crazy. I do have a song of the day for you:

Rodeo Clowns by G Love and Jack Johnson

Check it out. Its good. You can trust me, im not a computer.

Love always,

[clarke]

No comments: