Thursday 24 May 2007

The Mexican Way

Here it comes, blog number two. Are you ready, because its coming to you. Well... enough of my ghetto skills and more rambling nonsense that usually sounds ok when it is in my head, but on paper is a load of rubbish. Oh well, keeps me happy.

Today I was able to tick of some of the typical Mexican activities! First was a ride in the back of a pick up truck. I tell you what - if you want to feel the most awkward you have ever been in your life - jump in the back of a pick up truck with a load of Mexicans that dont speak a world of English, then try and discribe something to them, but they just dont understand you - which in the end just trails off into a gentle mumble and a new found interest in the sky. Of course, im not speaking from experience....

After this we went to buy some wood, not quite so typically mexican - but a good experience all the same. What some photos? Head over the facebook... there are plenty there!

After a quick game of basketball with some Mexican friends we head over to a Taco restaurant for my initiation. They are good, small, but very good. I only ate 3 today and I have heard that that is a pathetic amount. Oh well, small steps eh!

There is a house just around the corner from where I am staying that was seized by the police because it was owned by drug lords. Crazy stuff is happening around here. Whats more crazy is that I spent about 15 mins in the sun and my arms have gone a delicious pink colour, and that was after slapping on some 50+ suncream. Perhaps I am TOO British?

I think that about sums it up for today, it is quite late and I am still sort of running on UK time. Anyway, my thoughts and love goes out to the English, brap tiggy brap.

Buenas Noches,

[clarke]

No comments: