Friday 8 June 2007

I would like to thank someone, everyone and you for this award.


Its an early one today! There is a chance that you UKer's will be able to read this today - if that happens then It may feel like you get two blogs on one day. I think you should thank your lucky stars. Do you even have a lucky star? I think you should go and get one immediatly and thank it. He/She/It has done alot for you.

A totally exhausting and long day today. If you read the last blog you will have noticed that something was wrong, seriously wrong - I didnt blog to my full capacity - I was exhausted even then. I went to bed in good time, but those stupid mosquitos kept me up all night. I have one of those little Raid plug into wall thingys, but it didnt work last night... The thing is I could always hear him buzzing around my head and I just had to swot him away, he didnt give enough time between buzz's to let me into that merciful sleep. I hope today he is squashed on someones windscreen.

Which leads me onto the first thinky point today - Ants. Im not really sure where the link is there - but they are both smaller than me, and so can be paired together in my simple logic. I saw one whilst I was on my lunch (today my lunch extended for the rest of the school day, I was so tired I couldn't face going back to that claustraphobic little room. AHH) just wandering about its business and I realised how fast they move! If they were our size I think Antopia would take all of the medals in the Olympics, but the ants would do all the events at the same time. Then again, if we had like a million legs (And that is correct, I counted - I did have all afternoon to do it) I think we would be pretty awesome. That wasnt my point, merely a ramble. My point is that does that little ant really know what it is doing? It seemed like it was just walking around aimlessy, you might say it was in fact rambling. Watch an ant next time you see one. It never walks in straight lines but just weaves across the rocks. Taking in the view? Who knows. Does it have a destination to get to? I understand that it will have the animal instincts, it needs to eat and reproduce etc, but does it know anything more than that? I remember it was carrying some kind of food, I think it was a little biscuit crumb, and I knocked the crumb and he dropped it and ran off. I actually felt real bad after that, I bet he was really proud of himself at rounding up a good meal, ready to go home to his starving family and kids. As he walked through the door he would say "Hi Honey, Im home" and all his kids would run up to him in awe of the feast that has befallen them. Sadly this was no longer the case, he had run off in fear - and I had caused it. Maybe it was just the trash that he was taking to the local dump, and I had done him a favour - thats what I will keep telling myself.

Moving on from this here comes another animal thought... how do people KNOW that dogs can only see in black and white. I dont really see how this is possible. No-one has managed to get into there brain, no-one has been able to speak to dogs and I cant really see any tests that would be able to determine the truth. Now, I understand that there must be some kind of test - otherwise this 'fact' would not be in the common knowledge, but I dont know how strong the results are. If anyone wants to point me in the right direction, go ahead - make my day. One thing I am sure of, dogs are not cats. Genius.

So, the reason that this is so early is because of that Award ceremony that im going to this evening. Dont get your hopes up - it is a school Award ceremony never really that impressive - I bet some old lady that is only slightly connected to the school will give a nice long speach whilst everyone else catchs up on some sleep. I saw the menu today in the resource room (See! Advanced previews of the menu - the resource room has its perks) and all it said was Jacket Potatoes. Wow, now that IS glamourous. People are all going dressed in Tux's but me and Paul are going to roll into the ceremony clothed in the wonderful Shirt, Jeans and Trainers combo. I think people are going to be impressed. I WILL get many photos, I have already told you this, but I am excited - I like taking photos. I expect I will be offered quite a few awards tonight aswell, even though I didnt submit any videos. I am looking forward to the result of best and worst dressed. I think they should dedicate them to me now.

The Blisters hurt alot today - I think I will name one Billy and the other Sandra. They dont seem to get on that well, and they definatly dont like me - causing me pain all through the day. With the blisters and the exhaustion this day has been one of the worse... BUT it is Friday, and it looks like I have a good evening ahead of me - so its not all bad!

Another thinker today. Its been a good day for thinking today! I saw in the mirror the classic phrase "Objects In the Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear" and it reminded me of something that I thought about back in the big Eng to the Land. When looking into a mirror and nothing is moving isnt it just like looking into a photo? The images that you see are right there. I know there is argument that however far an object is away from the mirror thats how far it is 'into' the mirror, but still, it is being reflected right there. So, why is it the case that when I dont use my glasses the image, in the distance, is still really blury? Its not like im looking that far away, im only looking half a meter or so into the side view mirror. I can see that far nice and clearly. I dont know if you understood a single word of that, but in my head it makes sense. That usually happens to me - the second I say something I have thought up it either makes no sense or the person im telling dosnt understand it in the slighest. Thats a good thing about blogs really - I cant see your looks of idiocy over here. But go ahead, try out your hardest look - I bet it dosn't get to me.

I had a cookie for lunch today. That is enough on that matter.

The pic of the day is all thanks to my good friend Mr. Boredom. Like I said I took my extended lunch all the way to the limits that the school day would allow. In boredom people to crazy things, this is one of the lesser of the crazy things that people might turn to, but still, posing for photos IS slightly crazy. I do have to do it when no-one is watching otherwise I get all nice and embaressed.

I think that is all I have to say today, like I said it is real early so there hasnt really been anything juicy to write about. That will change later, I will give you a blow by blow account of what happened at the awards. Who was wearing what, Who came with who, Who fought who and lastly... Who's who. I guess I might let you know who won the prestigous Lincoln School Oscars, or I might keep you waiting - im sure you will be eager to know.

Bold
Italic

Love always,

[clarke]

No comments: