Sunday 3 June 2007

Scalloped X Bracing or HPL Back and Sides?


Can you guess who it is in the pic of the day? Its a tricky one, but hey, call a friend, ask the audience, just do anything to win. If you come 2nd, you are just a 1st place loser.


The thing is today was pretty much an exact repeat of last Sunday. I went to church this morning, struggled to pronounce the Spanish worship songs, the sermon was translated for me and then I wandered about the room looking like a larry because I didnt have anyone to talk to, the people that tried to me either realised I didnt speak English and promptly walked away or they, when I replied in nice and speedy english, nodded like they had some idea what I was talking about and THEN promptly walked away. Its a lonely task being an english speaker in a Spanish church, but I tell you what, I WILL SURVIVE (as long as I have wheatbix I know i'll stay alive.) After church we went to the same restaurant. I had the same hamburger. I had two cokes, like last time. Then we drove home and swim. No doubt I am sitting her at the same time as last week.

There is one difference. Im going to buy a new guitar when I get to the States. Im actually quite excited, and thats still at least 2 months away. Im looking at Taylors and Martins (the cheaper range of each, I havnt THAT much money) so if anyone has any recommendations send them my way. At the moment Im looking at the Taylor 11e. You know the one, Scalloped X Bracing, Pearloid Dot Inlays and Lexan headstock overlay. But, that is all compared with the Martins DCX1E (HPL back and sides, Solid spruce top, A-Frame X Bracing). OBVIOUSLY I know exactly what this all means, but the real question is do you? Seller cannot answer that question. I have absoluetly NO IDEA. Im pretty sure they just make it all up. I can do that. At the moment im using the 4rt56 version of the Human Body, with its RibC Bracing and Plush Scarlet Interior it is sure to get a good sound when tapped lightly on the head stock. With a Short back and sides the finish of this peice of work looks delicious and the when cut the red varnish contained inside the body of the model will pour out clogging any holes and continues the outstanding performance. I am still excited none the less, but I dont get on so well with making decisions, I bet I just walk away with a pin whistle. Heck, I am even looking forward to that! Tweet Tweeeeet.

Another 100 widths and 30 lengths today, so yes, again something is repeated. Good. I didnt even think of anything new to write today, which is a shame. I like having something to tell people. Actually, I did, but I have forgotten. There is no use in me carrying that notebook around If I think I am to good and think 'Oh I wont need to write THAT down, I can remember that easy'. 10 minutes later and its gone.

I am subbing those 3 lessons tomorrow, so hopefully it will all go smoothly. Bring on Mr Clarke, the sub teacher. Not bad, could be worse. In the Maths lesson I helped out in the teacher introduced me as Mr Clarke, as soon as that was said some kid just went 'What like superman?'. Oh Joy. How I laughed...

I just had some more Corn Pops. Maybe that will give me some inspiration. Nope. Nothing. I said I wanted to cut down on the length of these, and so it looks like I am putting that into action. As soon as people started saying they liked my blog and how it was written I started trying to hard, trying to make it like the last post, perhaps a little better. I just need to relax and things will sort themselves out.

Although my words dont really sing out anymore, I do miss everyone at home. Maybe its that I am no longer thinking of Mexico, but remembering home thats drawing my writing energy. So, my lack of talent is directly related to the love of home, friends and family, that means that, from this blog, I love you all very much.

I look up at the Mexican sky,
The Sun burns so bright,
I think of home, friends and family,
And realise they are in the cool of the night.

Love always,

[clarke]

No comments: